I was visiting Amateur Azerothian and saw the special mog event he set up to coincide with the Summer 2012 Olympics in London.
Of course, as a transmog addict, how could I not join up?!
Medal even rules are as follows (taken directly from the Mogolympics web page):
- Archery – Build an outfit around your favourite bow.
- Cycling – Build a biker outfit to compliment the Chopper. It must be either Leather or Mail.
- Discus – Build an outfit around one of the shield skins seen here
- Equestrian – Build an outfit to compliment one of the horse mounts in the game. (Faction limitations apply, so no Orcs on a Stormwind pony)
- Fencing – Time for some swordplay. Build your best outfit around the 1h sword of your choice.
- Javelin – Build an outfit around the polearm of your choice.
- Hammer Throw – Build an outfit around your favourite two-handed hammer.
- Wrestling – We’re going to deviate from olympic wrestling and go to the sports entertainment aspect instead. Using one of the “championship” belts, design your own Azerothian pro wrestler. Think of the oversized belts, such as the Firemend Cinch seen here.
- Freestyle – Build your own NPC. Could be an innkeeper, could be the Green Orc Lantern. Doesn’t matter.
Rules and details are:
- There is NO limit on the number of participants.
- 9 competition outfits. At least 5 different races must be used, never repeating the same gender/race combo (if you use Blood Elf Male for Javelin, you can’t make a Blood Elf Male for Discus. You could however make it female so long as you aren’t submitting a Blood Elf Female in any other event). Your flagbearer combo may be used in a competition event.
- Your event entry must be able to use the outfit as a proper end-game transmog (so no Gnomes in Shaman gear or Goblin Rogues entering the discus)
- Include the gear you used for each outfit please (the judges can peg many articles from in-game, but can’t always tell what everything is).
- All entries are to be submitted at once. Send the screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As per Mog Madness, MogIt and ModelViewer entries are welcome.
- We’ll reveal three events a week for three weeks, beginning August 12th. Medals will be handed out accordingly.
- I have set no criteria for fellow judges (still confirming who the official judges will be). They will simply give their rankings based on their own thoughts. However, they’ll not know who they’re voting on (it will be labelled as Outfit D, rather than “Tome,” for example).
- The winner will have received the most medals in the nine events.
After throwing my name in, my flagbearer will be representing...........
|Pic from Wowpedia|
My hubby, who also plays WoW, wanted in on the action so he's signed up, too. His faction is the Wildhammer Clan (an awesome faction to mog IMO).
Flagbearer and medal outfits to come!